Remember that we have two weekly nets here in Roane County.
On Mondays, join us for the Roane County Amateur Radio Club net. It takes place on the KE4RX/r repeater at 8 pm eastern time. You don’t have to be a member of the club to check in and everyone is welcome.
On Tuesday nights, except for the 3rd Tuesday of the month, we have our ARES net. It’s also on the KE4RX/r repater at 9 pm. Everyone is welcome to check in, you don’t have to be a member of Roane ARES (or any ARES).
Remember – it’s time for our monthly meeting. 1900hrs, Roane County EOC. Things are gearing up, folks.
We need to talk about:
Plans for Field Day
Plans for July 4 goings-on
Apr 28 exercise (not much response required probably)
Support for “Run for the Child” 5K run on May 30
Laptop programming for networking
whatever is on your mind!
If you aren’t there, you’re likely to be assigned more to do! See ya Tuesday!
Although you won’t notice them, there have been a few changes made to our website.
First, we have switched to a new server which should provide better service and will give us greater oppertunities to maintain and make our website more functional.
Second, our email service is back online and fully functioning. All @ke4rx.org email addresses are working so now you can send your emails directly to the correct person.
Since our email is back online, if you are a member of the Roane County Amateur Radio Club, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and have yourself an email forwarding account set up. This works like the ARRL email service does. You can get email@example.com so that it forwards to your actual personal email address.@ke4rx.org
Should you experience any problems with our website, email, or anything else related to either of these services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Day will be here before you know it! Start marking it down on your calendars now. This year it is June 27 and 28th.
We have reserved our normal location at Fort Southwest Point in Kingston.
- ARES Schedule for Holidays: No meeting or net remainder of December unless needed for use by any of our served agencies.
- This will allow EC to both produce a NCS schedule for first quarter of 2009 and to produce a year-end report for ARES, which will include a Powerpoint presentation to be sent to members and served agencies.
- Due to remodeling, radio at Roane Medical Center is disconnected and will be relocated. Most likely location is better, is on a second floor, and will result in moving of antenna to higher location. More info to follow as it develops.
- EC received what is probably a wise recommendation from a member. And the EC will follow it. Here goes: as long as the KE4RX repeater is working at least as well as it is right now, ARES nets henceforth will be conducted on that repeater. Currently it works better even for the Cumberland County members than the 147.330 (due to the interference from the other Morgan County repeater that caused problems with the last several nets). We are very grateful to owners/trustees of WD4ORD in Morgan County for their hospitality in allowing us to use the repeater!
- Roane County ARES members have much to be proud of! And yo have the thanks of the county, and of the EC for your dedication and hard work! The very best and most blessed of holiday seasons to you and yours!
- Watch your email – more is coming.
Thanks again for all you do to make sure “Roane Is Ready!”
73 DE KI4FZT
Bill, EC – Roane