The next meeting of the Roane County Amateur Radio Club will be on June 11th. Bring a Windows laptop if you have one to take part in our Field Day Network logging program demonstration.
We’ll show you how to use the program for everything you could need to do.
The network will be wireless but we will be able to handle up to 3 wired computers. If you need to connect by ethernet to the network, please bring your own peice. 25 foot or longer is reccomended.
Hope to see you there for a great meeting!
Remember that we have two weekly nets here in Roane County.
On Mondays, join us for the Roane County Amateur Radio Club net. It takes place on the KE4RX/r repeater at 8 pm eastern time. You don’t have to be a member of the club to check in and everyone is welcome.
On Tuesday nights, except for the 3rd Tuesday of the month, we have our ARES net. It’s also on the KE4RX/r repater at 9 pm. Everyone is welcome to check in, you don’t have to be a member of Roane ARES (or any ARES).
Remember – it’s time for our monthly meeting. 1900hrs, Roane County EOC. Things are gearing up, folks.
We need to talk about:
Plans for Field Day
Plans for July 4 goings-on
Apr 28 exercise (not much response required probably)
Support for “Run for the Child” 5K run on May 30
Laptop programming for networking
whatever is on your mind!
If you aren’t there, you’re likely to be assigned more to do! See ya Tuesday!
Although you won’t notice them, there have been a few changes made to our website.
First, we have switched to a new server which should provide better service and will give us greater oppertunities to maintain and make our website more functional.
Second, our email service is back online and fully functioning. All @ke4rx.org email addresses are working so now you can send your emails directly to the correct person.
Since our email is back online, if you are a member of the Roane County Amateur Radio Club, you can email email@example.com and have yourself an email forwarding account set up. This works like the ARRL email service does. You can get firstname.lastname@example.org so that it forwards to your actual personal email address.@ke4rx.org
Should you experience any problems with our website, email, or anything else related to either of these services, please email email@example.com
Field Day will be here before you know it! Start marking it down on your calendars now. This year it is June 27 and 28th.
We have reserved our normal location at Fort Southwest Point in Kingston.
- ARES Schedule for Holidays: No meeting or net remainder of December unless needed for use by any of our served agencies.
- This will allow EC to both produce a NCS schedule for first quarter of 2009 and to produce a year-end report for ARES, which will include a Powerpoint presentation to be sent to members and served agencies.
- Due to remodeling, radio at Roane Medical Center is disconnected and will be relocated. Most likely location is better, is on a second floor, and will result in moving of antenna to higher location. More info to follow as it develops.
- EC received what is probably a wise recommendation from a member. And the EC will follow it. Here goes: as long as the KE4RX repeater is working at least as well as it is right now, ARES nets henceforth will be conducted on that repeater. Currently it works better even for the Cumberland County members than the 147.330 (due to the interference from the other Morgan County repeater that caused problems with the last several nets). We are very grateful to owners/trustees of WD4ORD in Morgan County for their hospitality in allowing us to use the repeater!
- Roane County ARES members have much to be proud of! And yo have the thanks of the county, and of the EC for your dedication and hard work! The very best and most blessed of holiday seasons to you and yours!
- Watch your email – more is coming.
Thanks again for all you do to make sure “Roane Is Ready!”
73 DE KI4FZT
Bill, EC – Roane
We have added a new ARES section to the website. The new section features a red alert box that will appear at the top of every page on www.ke4rx.org during an emergency or when another message needs to be displayed.
This new section also allows you to subscribe to emergency email alerts. All you have to do is put in your email address, name, and subscription preferences. You can join categories to only receive emails about certain things.
If you would like to join the list, please go to: http://www.ke4rx.org/emergency/
Your email address will be kept completely secure and you can opt out of the emails at any time if you would like by going to that same page.
Note on 29 Apr 2008: I have manually added all ARES members to this list using the emails provided for ARES membership. There is a category to send these only to ARES folks. There is also a category to send notices to people for weather alerts. This may include people who are NOT ARES members, but it DOES include all ARES members as well. We send to a few people who have requested to receive weather alerts who are not active ARES members. This is in line with our mission in the Roane County Emergency Plan as ESF2 (Communications): we have a responsibility regarding WARNING issues as well as emergency operations. This is also consistent with Roane County’s designation by the National Weather Service as a “Storm Ready Community.” 73 DE KI4FZT, EC – Roane County
Welcome to our new website. I am constantly trying to make the website more accessible to everybody and I believe the new one will be more friendly to everybody who would like to visit. It has a plain white background along with larger text, which should be easier to read. If you have any suggestions of how I can make the website more accessible, please feel free to email me or contact me on the radio.
You can also register for a free account on the website, which will allow you to post comments about the news items that get posted on the website. This is great if you have questions about something. Remember you can always contact us with your questions also.
– Cody Anderson, KI4FUV (firstname.lastname@example.org)