Our December RCARC meeting and Election of officers will be on December 10th online like last month was. We need people to run for 2021 officers for The Roane County Amateur Radio Club. President , Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary are all open for candidates. Becca K4BEC said she could not be Secretary again because of her work load and Cody K4ZXT needs a replacement too because of the same. so if you would like to be part of the club in a leadership role, This or any officer position is a good way to serve! It only takes a few hours (maybe 2 to 5) per month to do the job and lots of folks with experience to lean on. The requirement to be a officer in the club is only be a full member for 1 year in good standing, so send me, Jim K4APY email@example.com or Cody K4ZXT firstname.lastname@example.org an e-mail with your name to run, or a nomination of another member who is willing to serve. We can put you on the ballot.
2020 has been an exceptional year for the club and we have had to deviate from our normal practice because of the pandemic. The election will take place as follows.
- Nominations and Candidates who volunteer will be accepted until early Sunday 11/29/2020 by e-mail to K4APY or K4ZXT as above.
- Ballots will be e-mailed out to all 2020 Full Members as listed on the 2020 club roster. Full members are HAMS whose dues for 2020 have been received and credited by the club treasurer. Be sure to check your e-mail. Let me and Cody know if you do not receive a ballot e-mail by 11/30/2020.
- The process is simple to follow. Select the candidate you wish to vote for , or write in a candidate you feel could and would serve for that office. Be careful that you vote for the person you want to vote for before submitting.
- The voting will be suspended 1 hour before our Club meeting (6 pm On 12/10/2020). The RCARC online meeting will be via google meet beginning at 7:00 on 12/10/2020. A link will be provided via the group e-mail list and also on the Facebook RCARC group for everyone who wants to join in to be able too.
- The voting results will be announced before the end of the meeting and published via e-mail on the group mail and on the Facebook RCARC group.
We look forward to having several new folks run for office to help the club grow.