Archive for the ‘ARES’ Category
The DEC/ARES meeting scheduled for tonight (Tue, Feb 16) at 1900EST in the EOC has been canceled due to risk of inclement weather causing road problems. Because there is work to be done to get ready for the April exercise in Knoxville, we will plan on having our March meeting as usual, PLUS at least one extra workday and/or meeting. Thanks to all of you for Keeping Roane Ready!
Roane County Amateur Radio Club and the Roane County Amateur Radio Emergency Service will be conducting radio operations from 2 pm Saturday until noon on Sunday 6/28 as part of an annual Field Day event. Those interested in antenna erection should plan to arrive at noon Saturday. There will also be a Rummage & Bake Sale Saturday afternoon 1 to 4 p.m. Everyone is welcome at this FREE event to learn about and experience ”ham radio.” Fort Southwest Point in Kingston on Hwy 58. For more info visit www.ke4rx.org or call Lou at 354-8367.
Due to some technical errors (and I don’t know what they are) I can’t add the video we’d like to to this post.
To see it go here. http://www.ke4rx.org/wp-content/2009-field-day.wmv
Plans for Field Day
Plans for July 4 goings-on
Apr 28 exercise (not much response required probably)
Support for “Run for the Child” 5K run on May 30
Laptop programming for networking
whatever is on your mind!
If you aren’t there, you’re likely to be assigned more to do! See ya Tuesday!
- ARES Schedule for Holidays: No meeting or net remainder of December unless needed for use by any of our served agencies.
- This will allow EC to both produce a NCS schedule for first quarter of 2009 and to produce a year-end report for ARES, which will include a Powerpoint presentation to be sent to members and served agencies.
- Due to remodeling, radio at Roane Medical Center is disconnected and will be relocated. Most likely location is better, is on a second floor, and will result in moving of antenna to higher location. More info to follow as it develops.
- EC received what is probably a wise recommendation from a member. And the EC will follow it. Here goes: as long as the KE4RX repeater is working at least as well as it is right now, ARES nets henceforth will be conducted on that repeater. Currently it works better even for the Cumberland County members than the 147.330 (due to the interference from the other Morgan County repeater that caused problems with the last several nets). We are very grateful to owners/trustees of WD4ORD in Morgan County for their hospitality in allowing us to use the repeater!
- Roane County ARES members have much to be proud of! And yo have the thanks of the county, and of the EC for your dedication and hard work! The very best and most blessed of holiday seasons to you and yours!
- Watch your email – more is coming.
Thanks again for all you do to make sure “Roane Is Ready!”
73 DE KI4FZT
Bill, EC – Roane